Stony Point Rock Quarry is hiring a full-time bilingual Weighmaster to join our team in Cotati, CA! Our Weighmasters assist multiple customers each day (construction and residential alike) and are responsible for courteous and knowledgeable customer service and sales support
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1 years’ experience as a Weighmaster/Scale Operator and Customer Service experience. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner with a positive attitude, great work habits, and the ability to work well independently and with co-workers as a team, in a fast-paced environment. Our Weighmasters are responsible for many facets of our front-end operations with their primary duties include, but not limited to, providing excellent customer service, weigh-in and -out of trucks, using our computerized weighing system to process and record tickets, and providing general office assistance.
Some of the Essential Functions Required of this Role:
- Weigh-in and -out of trucks and providing accurate ticketing information for processing and billing.
- Greeting customers and providing appropriate product information and pricing as needed.
- Coordination of trucking orders for customers with the site team, ensuring customers receive their deliveries accurately and on time.
- Performing a variety of administrative responsibilities including open/close responsibilities of office, end of day reports, and other tasks and projects as assigned by manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bilingual and fluent (verbal and written) in English & Spanish (required).
- 1+ years as a Weighmaster or Trucking Scale Operator (preferred).
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate noise levels.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must pass a pre-employment screening (physical exam & drug screening which includes testing for Marijuana).
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with arms and hands; communicate clearly; see to observe/inspect/identify. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Moderate noise levels in the front office from intercom speaker, CB radio, and walkie talkies, and occasional exposure to dust.
- This position is a non-exempt full-time position with a start time of 7:30am to closing (approximately 4:30pm), Monday – Friday with a requirement of at least 1 Saturday shift per month.
- The pay range for this position is $21 – $27 per hour depending on experience.
- Weekly pay, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, health benefits (medical, dental, and vision) with employer contributions for employee coverage (100%) and eligible dependent coverage (75%). Additional paid benefits include long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soiland team, please apply via any of the below ways:
- Fill out our online EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- Mail us your completed employment application: Stony Point Rock Quarry, 7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931
- Complete an employment application in-person: Come into any of our sites and complete an application and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members.
Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962, Soiland Company manufactures and sells aggregate rock, soil, and compost products from three locations.
Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and has been in operation for over 100 years. The quarry produces some of the finest rock and aggregate products for large construction projects.
Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects.
Grab N’ Grow in Santa Rosa produces hand-crafted, high-quality soil, compost, and mulch for gardeners, landscapers and farmers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.
7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931